The exccwallet features a new Graphic User Interface (GUI); it runs based on an application called the Exilibrium. One of the new features of this application is the generation of its command line tools immediately after the application is launched. The tools- exccd and the exccwallet- will run in the background while users perform tasks with the application. More exciting additions have been rolled out with this new wallet, the Exilibrium stands out from the previous EXCC wallet because it can be used to perform functions such as purchasing, staking tickets, and voting. In addition, it is now easy to navigate and carry out different transactions because of the user-friendly and modern wallet design.
Before users can enjoy the benefits of Exilibrium, a complete copy of the EXCC blockchain EXCC must be downloaded. It is a large file, so the computer used for this download must have sufficient storage space for Exilibrium to be successfully downloaded and installed.
Download and Install
Now, users of PCs with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems can download the latest version of Exilibrium by clicking this <link>.
A breakdown of the download and installation guide for the three operating systems is as follows:
- First, download the Exilibrium installation file- exilibrium-1.XXX.exe.
- After the download is complete, click on the installer. The installation will start automatically follow the prompts on the Exilibrium user interface to download the ExchangeCoin blockchain and create your wallet.
- A shortcut for the Exilibrium will be created on your desktop by the installer for easy access.
- Mac users can proceed by downloading the Exilibrium execution exilibrium-1.XXX.dmg file.
- Once the download is completed, proceed to generate the disk image by double-clicking on the Exilibrium -v1.2.1.dmg file.
- On the disk image, locate and drag the Exilibrium application into the link for your applications folder.
- Linux users will need to extract the file after downloading the exilibrium-1.XXX.tar.gz file.
- From the download location open the Ubuntu file browser to extract the .tar.gz file:
- On the browser, right-click the .tar.gz file, click on the ‘extract here’ option on the displayed menu.
- Proceed by executing the tar -xvzf filename.tar.gz command.
- The extraction of the tar.gz should start; it will be uploaded to a folder with a similar name, (For example, the tar -xvzf exilibrium-1.XXX.tar.gz should be extracted and uploaded to a folder named exilibrium-1.XXX.tar.gz). After completion, the Exilibrium executable file will be found in the new folder.
How to Set Up Exilibrium
The first display page after opening Exilibrium is shown below:
Choose your language and proceed by clicking Continue. The next page to be displayed is shown below.
Here you see “Learn the basics” brief presentation about the ExchangeCoin, blockchain, and other features such as the wallet keys, staking, and governance as well as safety tips. New users should carefully read the slides to learn important information about the ExchangeCoin.
You can view the progress of the blockchain download on the screen. Proceed to set-up your wallet by clicking “Create New Wallet.” This can be done while the download continues in the background.
It is a large download file and can be done in stages if you do not have all the time to wait for its completion in one day. Should you choose to shut down your computer before the download is completed, the progress will be saved and continued from that point when the Exilibrium application is relaunched.
One of the advantages of Exilibrium is that you can manage multiple wallets using the same computer. However, you will be required to create a name for each wallet for easy identification. To proceed, enter your preferred wallet name and click the “Create a New Wallet” tab and you will be asked for the wallet name. The next page will display three options:
- Create a New Wallet - This option is for users who are signing up with ExchangeCoin for the first time.
- Import Keys - This option is for users who wants to import their Copay Wallet.
- Restore Existing Wallet - This option is for existing users. People who already have a wallet seed can enter it to restore existing wallet.
Creating Your New Wallet
What is a seed phrase?
A seed phrase is best described as a private key generated exclusively for your wallet. With your seed phrase, you can restore private keys for your wallet, update and restore transaction history, and balances. These actions can be done by using your preferred ExchangeCoin wallet.
Important notice - while your wallet is being created, you will be given a seed phrase, an exclusive combination of 12-words. You should also note that the actions done using your seed phrase can be processed by using any computer you have access to at that time.
You must keep your seed phrase discreet because it can be illegally used to restore your private keys, transaction history, and balances to another ExchangeCoin wallet without your authorization. Your seed phrase should be guarded the way you would protect the keys to a physical safe. In addition, losing your seed phrase means you have lost access to your wallet and the coins saved in that wallet. Your seed phrase cannot be regenerated through any means, and the ExchangeCoin developers won’t be able to help. We advise all users to write their seed phrase on a note which should be securely stored. It can also be stored on a computer as an encrypted document only accessible by the owner who has the password.
Another feature to note is the seed hex; it is a 64-character code with similar functions as the seed phrase. The seed hex is acceptable by exccwallet as a means to restore your wallet because it is linked to the seed phrase. It is therefore important to securely save your seed hex.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE YOUR SEED PHRASE OR THE LINKED SEED HEX TO OTHER USERS OR THE SITE DEVELOPERS!
Your 12-word seed phrase for the new wallet is displayed on the screen below (the screened image). It should be copied and saved in a safe place.
Click Continue, you will be prompted to re-enter the screened words of your seed phrase on the next screen to confirm that you have copied the right sequence.
Before performing transactions, you will be required to enter your unique passphrase (password). It is the code for everyday use while accessing your wallet. Follow the prompt to create a passphrase for your wallet.
Click Create Wallet to complete the creation of your wallet. The next screen that will be loaded will show the progress bar for the blockchain download. After the download is completed, Exilibrium will launch the Overview page showing your new wallet, and you can start transferring your ExchangeCoin.
How to Import keys
If you wish to import your Copay wallet to Exilibrium please follow the guide How to transfer funds from Copay wallet to Exilibrium
How to restore the Wallet From Seed
- Start by clicking on the Existing Seed tab after retrieving your seed phrase.
- Enter the 12-word sequence into the Confirm Seed text box.
- Proceed to generate an exclusive paraphrase (password) for your wallet.
- Select Create Wallet. The blockchain will be scanned; this may take a few minutes.
What can you do if Exilibrium fails to launch?
If you notice that the exccd has been closed because it encountered an error, you can start troubleshooting by checking the exccd logs, if the problem continues, contact the support desk.
The error described above could have happened due to a previous exccd already being processed by your system. The conflict arises when Exilibrium attempts to launch its exccd and exccwallet in the background.
The solution is to stop all previous exccd processes before re-launching Exilibrium.
Where is the data and write log files for Exilibrium stored?
The files in question are the blockchain, your wallet, other log files and Exilibrium’s configuration files. These files are stored in a single directory which depends on the operating system of your computer.
Exilibrium data directory
Article is closed for comments.