This tutorial has been created for the EXCC Copay Wallet users which is now available for download at the addresses listed below:
- Windows: https://excc.co/data/ExchangecoinWallet-Copay-1.0.0.exe
- MacOS: http://excc.co/data/ExchangecoinWallet-Copay-1.0.0.dmg
- Linux: https://excc.co/data/ExchangecoinWallet-Copay-1.0.0.zip
If you are currently using the node Java Wallet, we recommend that you download the EXCC Copay Wallet and transfer your coins to the new wallet. The transition from the Copay Wallet to the Exilibrium wallet will be much easier.
If your Exchange Coins are held in the Xchange.me Web Wallet, you do not have to make any changes because your coins will be automatically reflected in the new blockchain.
The following steps will guide you to safely and easily migrate from the Copay Wallet to your new Exilibrium Wallet
- Launch your ExchangeCoin Copay Wallet
- Click on Settings (the Settings icon can be found at the bottom right corner)
- Locate the Wallets & Integrations section. Click on the wallet that holds your EXCC.
- Click the More Options tab at the bottom of the settings menu, and then
- Click Wallet service url and change url to https://explorer2.excc.co:2053/bws/api/. Save changes and restart (close and reopen) your wallet application.
- Click the More Options tab again and then click the Export wallet tab this time.
- A window will pop-up on the screen, you can enter your password. You should use a ‘strong’ password to protect your exported file. You must remember this password; if it is forgotten, you may lose access to your assets forever.
- Next, click the Download button and save the exported file on the computer where your Exilibrium wallet will be installed
- Save the file; once it has been successfully generated and close the Copay wallet.
IMPORTANT: You must keep the file generated by Copay wallet on safe storage because it can be illegally used to restore your private keys, transaction history, and balances to another ExchangeCoin wallet without your authorization. Your file should be guarded the way you would protect the keys to a physical safe. In addition, losing your file means you might lost access to restore your wallet and the coins saved in that wallet in the future. We advise all users to download exported file to external drive and keep the device in secure location.
The following steps need to be performed on the Exilibrium wallet:
You may receive a pop-up “WARNING” about an invalid application certificate, please ignore it and open the wallet. There is no need to worry because the application is entirely safe and open-source so anyone can investigate the source code.
- Download Exilibrium Wallet from: <download>
- Launch the wallet application and choose your preferred language; click Continue to proceed
- Go through a short tutorial and click Create a New Wallet.
- Enter a wallet name and click Create New Wallet.
- Click Import keys
- Next, you will click on Upload File; this is the file previously exported from the Copay Wallet.
- Enter the password you used to secure your file and click Decrypt.
- The Decrypted mnemonic will be displayed on the screen; it should be recorded and saved in a safe place.
- Next, enter your password in the Set new wallet passphrase boxes; this password will be used to authorize transactions from your wallet.
- To continue simply click on Create Wallet.
- The application will request the password you just set up to identify all the addresses associated with your account for integration into the network. Click on Scan and wait a few seconds. This step will not reveal any results, but it is necessary because you are importing the wallet.
- Once your old wallet has been successfully imported into Exilibrium, you should see all your EXCC coins available as the balance- Congratulations!
If you follow the step by step guide correctly, you should successfully import your EXCC coins to the Exilibrium wallet. However, if you encounter any issues or difficulties during the process, please raise a ticket for assistance.
Article is closed for comments.